Monday, July 20, 2009

Bahama Breeze Jerk Shrimp!

This is our favorite appetizer to order when we eat at Bahama Breeze. It's very flavorful and spicy, and the fresh bread is really yummy dipped in the leftover shrimp juices. And hey! This time I wore gloves when handling the scotch bonnet! :)

Here's the recipe courtesy of Bahama Breeze:

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Beer (I used Red Stripe)
1/4 tsp ground Allspice
1/2 tsp minced Scotch Bonnet Pepper
1 tsp chopped Garlic (I put mine through a garlic press)
1 tspThyme leaves
1 Tbsp sliced Scallions
12 oz medium size Shrimp, peeled, deveined and thawed
4 Tbsp melted Butter
1 loaf of Cuban bread

Preheat oven to 500ºF. Place beer, spice and herbs in a 1 quart baking dish; add the shrimp. Top the shrimp with melted butter. Slice the loaf of bread into 1-inch thick slices. Place shrimp and bread on the middle rack of the oven, separately. Remove from oven when bread is golden and shrimp is bubbling hot. This should take 4 -5 minutes.

YUM!!! I didn't use as much scotch bonnet as the recipe calls for because my son won't touch it if it's too spicy. Otherwise, the taste was spot on, and I even threw the thyme stalks in whole just like the restaurant does. This is a great appetizer, or you can double the recipe and serve it alongside rice for dinner (I spooned the juices over my rice and it was lovely). Enjoy!!

9 comments:

Heather S-G said...

Sounds awesome!! Glad you remembered protection this time...LMAO :D Now I'm craving a Red Stripe and some shrimp. Thanks for that.

Miranda said...

LL!!!
I missed a few days from your site and you have 5 more posts!!!!!

You have been BUSY!!!

This looks terrific! My husband would love this!!!

Karine said...

It looks to be a great way to enjoy shrimps!

Leslie Lauren said...

Yaaay :) So glad you girls like it! Just a note on the beer: I really believe Red Stripe to be the best brand to use with this. Bahama Breeze has their own beer called Aruba Red (which I'm guessing is what they use in this dish), but truly, the Red Stripe flavored it identically.

Have fun with it!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

La Madame Chapeau said...

Hello Lauren,

Thank you for voting for me dear.

This way I met a new friend :)

Nice to meet you,
and best wishes from Istanbul...

Banu

Miranda said...

LL-
WE NEED MORE LESLIE COOKING POSTS!!!!

Heather S-G said...

Where are you!? :D

The Knights said...

I saw one of your posts on Beth Moore's LPM blog and I must say, I am glad I stumbled upon your blog! Looks so yummy!

The Knights said...

Aww thanks... I am not a stalker, I promise! wow 7 years old! I cannot imagine how fast time flies! Logan has 2 teeth about to pop out and it seems like he just got here yesterday! I am so not ready for this! Feel free to email me at delta.zeta.1902@hotmail.com if you ever need anything...

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com